Special project: 1973 VW Transporter conversion
Posted on June 17, 2014
Dub Box USA was asked by a client on the east coast, to build a unique promotional vehicle for a hard cider brand. This company will be debuting the vehicle at a music festival in Woodstock. We started by finding a good base for our project and we were off on our customization!!
Build a unique vehicle that represents the brand. The vehicle would need refrigeration and/or a cooler for approx. 700-800 cans of hard cider.
What we did:
- Complete tear down of the VW.
- Body work.
- Paint and custom graphics.
- New tinted windows.
- New exterior trim and seals.
- Stereo system – high powered amp, subwoofer, speakers all ran from bluetooth head unit.
- Refrigeration – 3 beverage units.
- Custom built cooler – holds approx. 300 cans and was built under a bench seat with flip up access.
- Interior – walls, flooring, head liner, seats.
- Awning – 6′ x 8′ canvas awning with company logo.
- Roof rack – customized to allow awning rails.
- Roll-out bar – stored in vehicle and rolls out for use. 2 side tables connect to make a U shaped bar with storage and logo canvas skirting.
This was a great opportunity for us and we look forward to doing more of these, so spread the word!
Check out our video during the build process: Cider Bus Build
- Next s